Harwood Grilled Salad With Steak and Bacon Dressing
1. Lettuces Romaine, 2 heads
2. Bacon Dressing, 12 FO
3. Cotija Cheese, 4oz
4. Bacon diced, 4oz
5. Butter crostinis, 8 slices
6. Steak sirloin, 20oz (four steaks)
7.Olive Oil 8 tbls
8. One Tomato
9. One Baguette
10. Salt, 3 Tbls
11. Paprika, 2 Tbls
1. Cut romaine head in half length wise and
baste with olive oil and seasoning.
2. Place firmly on grill starting at 10 o’clock and
then rotating to 2 o’clock after about two minutes
making diamond marks on romaine.
3. Place on a plate with grill marks up.
4. Add dressing on top(about 3oz per salad and add
bacon and cotija cheese.
5. Place two crostinis in a fan on one empty corner
6. Grill Steak to desired doneness and let rest for
2-4 min to retain its juices. Once rested, cut steak
into 6-8 pieces and place on top of salad.
7. Garnish with a slice of tomato that has been cut
half way up the slice and fanned.
8. Clean bias cuts that show the steak’s interior
are key. Make sure that there aren’t drippings on
9. Cut baguette on the bias and lather with olive
oil, sprinkle with salt, paprika and a bit of
chopped parsley (or other herbs)
Recipe by Chef
Genardo Zurita, Oswego Grill